Saturday, December 12, 2015

Brown Girl Dreaming

Jyoti Tamisier-Fayard                                                                                                                 12/12/15
             804


Brown Girl Dreaming

Brown Girl Dreaming, by Jacqueline Woodson writes about how she grew up in the 1960s/50s as a black girl. During her childhood, jacqueline writes a lot about how, the people surrounding her had a big influence on her and growing up. She shows how her grandma and grandpa were people that had a big impact on her life and how they are no different from other people. During her time period, there was still a lot of racism going on because she was born as the South explodes. A quote that was very appealing that Jacqueline mother said was " Your just as good as anybody else."

As Jacqueline grew up, she was faced with racism. This was only natural as she was born as the South was exploded and there was the march of martin luther king that was going on. Throughout the book, The words of her mother had a great impact because when facing troubling times, she would remember her mothers word. 

Her mothers word also had an impact on her and her siblings while growing up because it was telling them that no mater the fact that they were black, it did not mean that were inferior to the white people and less good. This also helped them because when being laughed at and teased by other people although it may have hurt them and question about themselves, they still thought of there mothers words.

I really loved this quote because, i thought it did not just apply to race but to other things such as gender. Throughout history, women were always viewed as object, weak and inferior to men. It still does occur in our daily life as in when playing sports and etc... 


5 comments:

  1. I thought this was a really interesting piece that you crafted together nicely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I read the book I think that the way you put everything was very relatable! Nice job Kyoto I really liked it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did an amazing job at explaining a really complex plot. You elaborated on it and incorporated your thoughts! proud

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how you put your thoughts into your posts. It seems like you liked it and i really liked your claim.

    ReplyDelete